Friday, July 23, 2010

Flash Fiction Friday - Damsel in Distress

Gor-Kajira From Sephani Paige

1

Cramped and trembling, aching with need, she had been there for three days. No food, only a few swallows of water, and her mind was breaking down on her. No one was coming. She might as well give up.

Then she heard the footsteps, not the harsh stamp of her tormentors but a rushing, impetuous flight that carried him through the door. No words; he cried out in grief, pulling at the knots, then slashing the ropes, releasing her with a snap. She moaned as freedom brought harsh pain.

"They will pay for this," he growled, stroking her hair. "They will pay."


Or perhaps you'd prefer this:


2

Cramped and trembling, aching with need, she had been there for three days. Three days waiting, watching the guards, planning her move. No one was coming, and that was just the way she wanted it.

Fools think that ropes guarantee a bound prisoner. Her nails were sharp enough to cut the flimsy cord, and on the morning of the fourth day, when the bored guard brought water, he found himself fighting for his life against a naked, angry woman. "Where is Marcel?" she growled, his gun in her hands. When he didn't respond, she shrugged and shot him. "Marcel. I'm coming for you."


Or perhaps:


3

Cramped and trembling, aching with need, she had been there for three days. Or was it minutes. "Honey, seriously, this really chafes."

"You promised you'd try it," he replied, sitting there desperately polishing his meat trumpet. "I just don't think I can get it up any other way."

"You like looking at me like this?"

"I thought I would."

She shifted uncomfortably. "Baby, you know I'll try anything for you, but it's really no fun for me." Then her eyes glinted in a flash of insight. "Why don't we tie you up instead?"

Ten minutes later, she was pregnant.


I am really not trying to show off.  I wrote them in the order above.  First, I wrote one which was dramatic but didn't exactly make me feel all liberated-woman about it.  So I decided to subvert the trope and write the second one.  And in doing that, I realized that I had written two things which could well have led to something sexy, only they were too short to get there.  Plus, I like a bit of comedy.  So I wrote the third.  If I were going to be really pretentious, I might say that the triad was a perfect expression of the classic thesis-antithesis-synthesis.  But I've actually said that as an excuse to tell my favoritest Erisian joke ever: "Thesis-antithesis-sythesis-parenthesis-paralysis."  If you didn't get that, don't worry.

Now I have very little energy left over to entice you to join the fun and Flash Fiction Friday yourself all night long.  The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak, and so all I can say is that you really should, because if you don't, I can't guarantee your safety.  But since I can't guarantee your safety anyway, you do what you like.

Do not expect three from me every week.  Please don't, because then I'll be trapped in the "living up to unrealistic expectations" Hell that my life tends to become.

9 comments:

SlowBurn said...

I wasn't expecting adventure - so the first two takes were excellently unexpected. Nice twist on the theme. The third one put a huge grin on my face - very comical. You used the picture with a deft, delicate touch!

The Panserbjørne said...

I sat here shaking my head as I read these, because it takes a truly facile and devious mind to come up with this many different approaches and make them all look so effortless. Plus, the closing of that third one had me spluttering with laughter.

Well DONE, Lexi. I'm delighted you joined us this week as well.

-- PB

Anonymous said...

LOL! I love all three. Great job. ;-)

Bella said...

I think I like all three versions, the third one was funniest and it shows that its him that he likes being tied up not her he he :)

Bilinda Ní Siodacaín said...

heehee bravo I adore it!!!!
always,
Bilinda

Anonymous said...

trembling, aching with need.....


nothing more need be said.....

Luna Mauvaise said...

I usually end up with a couple drafts myself. I post the one that ruins my panties. ;)

You're quite the overachiever. Happy FFFriday.

Naughty Lexi said...

Luna, your method sounds like a good one, but I can't bring myself to throw out work, so I post them all and let someone else sort them out ;)

To everyone else, thanks for stopping by and the nice words. It makes it all worthwhile. Facile and devious though... have you been talking to my family? ;)

Anonymous said...

I love them all, it's always refreshing to read your take(s) every week! :)