Friday, July 9, 2010

Flash Fiction Friday - Two-fer

Two this week because they're both so short and because I wanted to write a poem.

Rain sex!

Foreplay

Thunder and a sudden rain storm, or was that her heart and loins? She could feel every wet inch of him through his clothing, crouching, grinding her heat to his, her lips to his. They were driven, beaten, hammered by the pouring drops, everything falling together, the blood running fiercely through them, and drenched in the sky that kept crashing down around them and upon them. Make the rain last, she prayed, as they slid down the embankment into the mud, uncaring. Make it last.


Erosion

the sky is a smith

shaping with rain

like wrought metal

driven

beaten

hammered

showing every shining tool mark

did they emerge from the earth

under the sculptor's tools

or are they imperfections

soon to wash away

too much movement for static sculpture

too still to be dancing


Two.  Because I'm carrying your dead weight, all you people who don't do Flash Fiction Friday.  Don't you feel even the slightest bit guilty that you're not participating?  For all those people who are participating, you're like unto gods with your mad skillz and I have no hope of eclipsing your talent.

Not too weird this week; just a bit of my blacksmith fetish creeping into the second one.  I hope everyone else's are much more inventive.

11 comments:

Red said...

Well done Lexi, ya big show-off doing two! I lost my mojo this week and simply couldn't rise to the occasion. I blame the hot weather.

Anyway, nice FFF entries both

Red

Xxx

Anonymous said...

I like both entries!! But I love foreplay a lot.

Spnk MeRed said...

dont feel the least bit guilty ;)but i am grateful that i get the pleasure of reading yours

Anonymous said...

I'm in awe that you're able to write TWO entries. Two very hot and awesome entries. ;-)

The Panserbjørne said...

I would be happy to claim the title of "like unto gods" with skills that far eclipse yours if it weren't for the fact that it were so clearly bollocks. You're a magnificent writer and I'm damned glad each week that you're joining us. Thanks for playing along, and for the relentless plugging as well.

-- PB

Naughty Lexi said...

Jeez, I try to compliment people, and what do I get? You're all aces in my book, and as soon as I get around to the others sometime this evening, I'll be able to prove empirically that I was right and that you're all better than I am.

Advizor54 said...

"Make it last"

Magic moments never last long enough, do they. I like both versions, the "blacksmith" coming out is wonderful, a woman who plays fire, steel, and a hammer is a sexy beast.

Luna Mauvaise said...

Poetry rocks.

Dee said...

Blacksmith fetish? I like it!

xx Dee

Katia said...

Nice Lexi! I like the prelude to the story.
Katia

Diable Incarne said...

A bit late, but I enjoyed both of these none the less... something primal and alluring with both. I like the vignette painted with the poem... you should do more.

Don't worry about the two-fers done it numerous times myself.

Happy Thursday!