Saturday, July 3, 2010

Flies

I may have asked this question before, but what is up with the flies on men's boxer shorts?  It came back to me when I was wearing a pair of my brother's the other day, and then I wrote it down but didn't have time to do anything about it.

Seriously though, what's up with the flies?  They're huge.  You can't keep them closed (at least I can't, but not that way, sick puppies) and the only reason to have them that big seems, to me anyway, to be because the average man is hung like two horses and a mule.  If so, where are they keeping these men, because I've never met one.  If not, is there something about male urination that I don't know about?  Does it require the exposure of the balls as well as the cock?  If I had a way of pissing standing up with just a small part of my anatomy sticking out, I wouldn't go out of my way to expose more of myself (not in most circumstances, anyway, and speaking as a hypothetical everyman rather than as me, the slut I am).

Not that I mind them myself when I'm not wearing them.  Dealing with tighty-whiteys is way more complicated than boxers when you just want to get a guy's junk out in a hurry.  Honestly, I wish that pants flies were bigger then, with zippers that magically vanished when they weren't needed.  Fucking through the fly of pants is complicated, and blowjobs tend to be less vigorous.  Most of the time, I'd just as soon drop his pants.

And of course, there are amusing things one can do if one is of the female persuasion and wearing a guy's boxers.  I've tried it the other way around, where a guy fucks me through the hole in boxers I'm wearing, and that can be fun for a change, but in the main, it's just annoying that the fly comes open so easily.  Do guys like having their cocks rubbing on their pants?

I'm really just curious.  Any guys out there who can tell me what the fuck is up with your underwear, please do.  I'm not telling you to stop wearing it (unless you're around me, in which case you can lose all your clothes right now, thank you kindly) but what is up with some of its eccentricities?

8 comments:

AzraelAngel said...

With the fly on the boxers, it's just a way for us to relieve ourselves while standing. Well, that's what I get the impression for it. It saves us from having to fiddle with the waistband of all our garments go get to our pieces, instead of tugging at the boxers to get them down while your trousers are up, causing the material to bunch up around you. I have to admit, whoever thought of it is a genius, the amount of times I used it while I'm out on the town and I see another guy fiddling about (Trust me when I say, that is funny to see a man dance to use the loo!)

Naughty Lexi said...

I'm not complaining about flies existing, since yes, I know they serve a valuable purpose. I just don't know why they have to be so big. A smaller flap would seem to serve the same purpose.

AzraelAngel said...

True, yet this is man we're talking about, laziness seems the key factor here...

Naughty Lexi said...

I guess in a contest between not having to think quite as much about pulling out my cock; or having my junk scraping on everything and possibly hanging out for all to see, I'd pick a slightly smaller fly. But as a gal, I don't have to wear them and I like to see junk hanging out, so never mind.

Jim said...

I think the reason why the fly is so big is because they have to design them for a variety of people. Some guys might wear them low ( which requires the opening to be near the waistband) while others might wear them high ( which requires the opening to be lower). Either way, it allows easy access for girls to get their hands on a guy. ;)

Naughty Lexi said...

We've got quite the lively discussion going, don't we. Bob, who can't comment because of technological issues, posited that it's cheaper and guys don't care. Honestly though, I think that Jim probably has the best reason I've seen thus far, with perhaps a sprinkling of "don't care" inertia keeping things that way, as our other commentators have stated. When will men learn that it's best to just be naked. Ease of access goes way up then.

ConTemplate said...

Without question, like so many other things, this is just a marketing ploy.

Guy shopping for boxers: holds them up, inspects the fly, thinks to himself, "yeah, my huge bad boy might be able to fit through this fly."

Guy buys boxers.

Naughty Lexi said...

Okay, people have a very low opinion of men's intelligence here, don't they? But then I have been known to be susceptible to the same ploy, only involving breasts and bras. Damn you Madison Avenue!