Friday, July 16, 2010

Flash Fiction Friday - Confection Connection

Chocolate by Beau Monde

didn't stop to think just dove in tongue out and she's writhing under me dark candied bliss going to make it last like the licks on a tootsie pop closer and closer and down and down and she's screaming it or is it me breath in breath out she's melting a feast for the senses and closer and closer and down and down and there's her candy center waiting


Got all stream-of-consciousness on that one. To make up for it, please accept the following:


She came home to find me covered in chocolate sauce. "Rough day at the office?" I asked.

"Rough day loafing?" she said, grinning. "The computers broke down again, and now we're having to count everyone by hand."

"Poor dear. Well, I've prepared you something special. A feast for the census, you might say." That's when she threw the ice cream spoon at me. Even the sexiest puns hurt sometimes.


Yeah, I couldn't resist. Either of them. It's hard to resist chocolate. How can you resist? Go, now, Flash Fiction Friday is waiting, calling you sweetly, its siren song of procrastination and clever verbiage vibrating through your entire being. It is waiting. It hungers for you. Flash Fiction Friday. Flash Fiction Friday. Flash Fiction Friday. I wish I could make this 69 words too, like the others. Oh, wait...

10 comments:

Red said...

Very clever Lexi. I enjoyed them both and the play on words was a stroke of genius.

Katia said...

Liked both takes, like with any sweet... sometimes it hard to choose. Happy FFF!

Katia

The Panserbjørne said...

Every week I am delighted anew at the exquisite turns of phrase that you come up with. Not just one, but two offerings, even, both of them great for different reasons: the first, for the pure ohmygod-swept-along-by-the-flood feel, and the second for that flat-out laughing it inspires. I'm glad you joined us!

-- PB

Luna Mauvaise said...

Adorable pun. Happy Friday!

Anonymous said...

LOL! I LOVE both interpretations. ;-)

lovin' the "licks on a tootsie pop" line,
~CP

Bilinda Ní Siodacaín said...

heehee love the stream of consciousness left me breathless!
always,
Bilinda

Anonymous said...

I agree with PB, each week brings something fun and exciting to read. A feast for my senses for sure!!!

Naughty Lexi said...

Thanks guys, you'll turn my pretty little head with all the compliments.

heelsnstocking said...

smart and very sexy x

SlowBurn said...

I didn't breathe until I got to the end of the first one... Well written and delicious.