Monday, December 21, 2009

Sveta Christmas Plans

Just a short post to say that Sveta will be arriving at Casa Lexi tomorrow. I can't believe they kept her in school this late, but I guess it had to do with her week plus off at Thanksgiving.

Honestly, I haven't really had time to miss her much... okay enough to become horribly depressed. Of course I missed her. We were both really busy though, her with finals, me with my Christmas gig, so the days between Thanksgiving and Christmas seemed to fly by.

She has to spend more time at her own house because they know she's home and she had to bring stuff home. But her father and step-mother made her keep all her stuff in one room, they cleared all her stuff out of the rest of the house, and she's going to take advantage of their lack of concern for her presence by spending as much time as she can over here. I think we're going to bring some things over for her too, even though my house isn't exactly brimming with storage space (that's an odd thing to say, given that "brimming" connotes fullness, and storage space is the opposite of that, so I suppose I could have said that our house is brimming with crap and we have no space, which would be true... whoa, tangent alert).

But she'll be over plenty over the break, and I've got nothing better to do than spend time with her. I don't know if we'll see her Christmas Day because she might have to spend it with the family (mostly not hers) but I've got gifts for her. And speaking of gifts, Dad has a gift of his own, since she's now officially been on the pill for way long enough to get her very first snowstorm down under, as it were.

We expect Mike as well, and who knows, maybe Sheri will make it here too. Sure to be plenty of fun regardless, and I'll try to tear myself away from it to keep everyone apprised. There will definitely be a post about Sveta's introduction into the cream-filled Christmas cake club. Wow, C4. It'll be explosive, I promise. I'm just a barrel of inventivity today. I even invented a word for inventiveness.

Oh, and I've inaugurated a new category, "Plans," for things which aren't exactly Happenings but will happen soon enough. That way, if you're looking for stories, you can skip the "Plans" posts and zero in on the meat of the situation later. Or, if you're looking for me to get all diary on you, you can read the plans too. Maybe I should start putting fun things into the plans so there's a reward for you if you stick around. We'll see.

If you see any past posts which should be tagged "Plans," feel free to let me know. I'm always up for reader participation. Plus, I'm lazy. Really, the second much more than the first.

2 comments:

Jim said...

That's great news about Sveta coming back tomorrow! Can't wait to hear all about her first experiences with your dad (and possibly with Mike at the same time). It would be nice if Sveta would add some of her own thoughts/comments to your posts... Just a suggestion. ;)

Naughty Lexi said...

She's still getting used to the idea of doing it, let alone talking about it in the open and frank manner I do. Give her time, maybe she'll contribute. She's not as writer-ly as I am.