Tuesday, December 8, 2009

TMI Filler

1) What are three mistakes someone could make on the first date with you that would automatically make you turn down a second date with them?

This is a tough one, I think because it's not really "mistakes" so much as personality traits that would make me turn someone down for a repeat. I mean, I'm not the most poised gal in the history of women, so it's tough for me to judge someone harshly for a mistake, straight out. I mean, you could say that under-tipping is a mistake, but if it's genuinely a mistake, I wouldn't feel the same way about it as I would if it were something they did on purpose. Basically, I think that the only mistake you could make with me is not being genuine, but being genuine is no guarantee of me liking you. Blah. I hate dating, I hate dating questions, I hate overthinking dating or thinking it's a contest.

2) Pick an animal that best displays your personality. :)

Personality? I am a platypus: a curious amalgam of parts that don't go together. That's my artistic answer.

3) If your SO stopped having sex with you, how long would you stay?

This is why I use "sig-O." Because when I first read this, I thought it said, "If you SO stopped having sex with you..." "Like, Jenny was SO having sex with him and he said..." Except with myself. Odd.

[Insert circus music here.]

Yeah, I'm easily distracted. In my current sig-O situation, I think it could be perfectly fine without sex, but that's because I'm not limited to only getting sex from Sveta. I feel like love and sex are intertwined but not necessarily interdependent. If a truly sig-O of mine made a conscious choice, or if it was an unavoidable consequence of something, and we talked about it, I think I could be okay with it, and not love them any less. I'm not saying I'd want it to happen. If, on the other hand, the sex just dried up and we didn't talk about it, I'd view it as a symptom of a bigger relationship problem.

4) Are you more passive or aggressive when the relationship becomes physical?

It really depends. That's not a cop-out. I can be fairly aggressive, nothing extreme, but definitely the instigator. But in other situations, I love being passive, letting them come on to me. Moderation in all things, baby.

5) Have you ever been INSIDE a store that sold adult themed toys and videos?

Yes. Why does everyone make such a big deal about this?

Bonus (as in optional): What percentage of women do you think are capable of handling being in a "friends with benefits" relationship? How about men?

I'm lousy at spitballing percentages, but I think there are a lot of men who can do it short-term, and the women who can handle it are usually those who can handle it long-term. I mean, the farther away it gets from a one-time thing, the fewer men I can see still being able to make it work. But I'm not a man, nor am I every woman (and it's not all in me), so basically I can say that even I sometimes have difficulties going the long haul with a "friends with benefits" situation. Not that I necessarily want more commitment at all; it's usually that I feel it evolving into something else even if it isn't.

Fortunately, I don't do "friends with benefits" often. I do "fuckbuddies" who are essentially people I only see for sex, and I do "lovers" which is the commitment thing. Part of it is that I'm perfectly okay with having lovers who are friends, and I can make both of those things work, and it's not like we're friends with benefits. I mean, Gwen and I are friends, good friends, and we're also lovers. I don't see them being mutually exclusive. Nor are we planning on moving in together, getting married, or having kids. Bah, I don't know.

No comments: