Saturday, March 19, 2011

21 Free Associations

Stole this from Lola. Don't know where she got it from; if it's someone else, I'm sorry for not giving credit where credit is due, but my research department is on strike.

This week, we have some free association, which isn't really fair to do online because I could have done these without actually free associating. But what the hell, I'll give it a try anyway.

1. Pink: Stink (You wanted the first thing.)

2. Lolly pop: You make my heart go giddyup (Oh, it's an awful song, and I'm probably remembering it wrong.)

3. cherry on top: pretty please (I like maraschino cherries.)

4. 3: Doors Down (God help me, I hate myself for saying this; literally the first thought in my head.)

5. entertainment center: television (Yeah, nothing else popped up.)

6. spoon: The Tick (SPOON!)

7. Biology lab: Is that some kind of retriever? What color? (Because there are black labs and chocolate labs... okay, so the joke isn't good, but in was the first thing that came to mind.)

8. Wham Bam: Thank you ma'am (Come on, I can't help it.)

9. Dessert: Island (Yes, I know that desert is spelled with 1 "s." Obviously you haven't read The Pirates' Mixed-Up Voyage. You should. Great book.)

10. Rough: and tumble (I could have easily said "and ready.")

11. Hot tub: time machine (Damn it pop culture, get out of my damn brain.)

12. Sex Club: Okay, I can't really bring a word to mind because I'm too busy wondering what a sex club would look like and what you'd hit with it. Is it the club cavemen used to subdue cavewomen before intercourse? I don't know.

13. Lips: and jowls (I really don't know.)

14. floor: me (No, I'm not drunk.)

15. ice: pick (can I help it that I was just looking at Joe Esterhas' picture?)

16. naughty or nice: Santa Claus is coming to town. (It wasn't a question, it was a free association)

17. table top: Joe (I love Tom Waits.)

18. back: in black (AC/DC will rot your brain too.)

19. Ryan Reynolds (yes had to get him in): aluminum foil (Reynolds Wrap; I have no thoughts on Ryan Reynolds.)

20. Tattoo: De plane, boss, de plane! (come on, Fantasy Island?)

and

21. boobies:

Blue Footed Booby at Buccaneer Cove, Isla Santiago Photo by RK & Tina

Yes, I know there's only one, so it should be booby, but give me a break; I couldn't find a picture of two in the five minutes I cared to look for it that was licensed to be shared.

2 comments:

Lusting Lola! said...

Love all the references to pop culture. Hehe.

Naughty Lexi said...

Lord, I don't; makes me feel all popular ;)