Thursday, March 17, 2011

Missionary to Mars

It's quite likely that, in the almost 4 years I've been doing this (yeah, that shocks me too, although I'm hardly the old master), I've done this topic before. I know I've said some of this before, and if I've said all of it before in some post which was premised along those lines, or if I directly contradict myself and say something different, there's nothing you can do because I'm a girl. Nya nya nya. A friend of mine used to say that, tongue in cheek I assure you. I'm just getting old and forgetful.

The topic at hand, suggested by the dapper and dandy Dan, is my favorite sexual position, missionary, and why I enjoy it so much. Because it sometimes seems odd, even to me, that missionary is my favorite. It's such a boring old position; it's the way people have been doing it since they came down from the trees and were taught how by Rae Dawn Chong (yeah, I made that joke). Everyone does it. Birds do it, bees do it, even automated fleas do it (yeah, made that joke too).

But damn it, it's my favorite, and maybe it's time to reevaluate the old tried and true. I'm not saying that it should be the only position in which to make love; far from it. Only having missionary sex is just as wacky as only having doggy-style sex, only with different baggage. And I know, there are people who feel that missionary is unfairly biased in power relationships; the man is on top and does the control, the woman lies back and takes it. But the same can be said for other positions.

That still leaves me with why I like it best. It's not ideal for some things; anal in particular is harder. But when it comes to sex, especially with someone I love, I love it. Understand that I'm talking about all species of missionary. If you're the sort of person who follows the Kama Sutra, there are all kinds of different positions which resemble missionary in some aspects. I'm talking about a position where the man is on top, the woman is underneath, and most likely her legs are spread and he's between her thighs. Where the legs and arms go after that is immaterial.

First off, while missionary isn't good for the G-spot, the G-spot isn't everything, despite what its advocates might say. Missionary does a fine job on my clit, and it also presses the penetration down into the back of my cunt, which is a much-underused erogenous zone, at least for me. And I don't know about the rest of the world, but my vagina seems to curve in a way which makes the penetration the easiest in missionary; the cock thrusts up into me nicely.

Then there are the less tangible sensations. For one, I really like feeling a body between my thighs. There's just warmth there that I can't get from a body behind me. Now I could do cowgirl, but... well, I also like being underneath. Looking up at him, seeing him look down at me. Maybe it's a touch of submissive in me. And when he lets his body down so it's pressing against me, that's the most contact with a person's skin I think I can have. My legs wrap around, my arms, his arms around me, his hips to mine, my breasts pressed to his chest, our lips locked, and there's really not a whole lot closer you can get to someone.

I just feel a connection. Not always; I can have random anonymous missionary sex and feel nothing much other than contact, but with someone I love, there's just nothing like everything locked together. Even eyes locked. It's like being one with someone else. And I just can't get that in any other position. I'm not bashing the other positions, or people who may get that connection through them, but for me, missionary is the best for that.

Men sometimes talk about how they like to watch a woman cum. Well I like to watch a man cum while he's on top of me. If I had to get a creampie in any position, it would be missionary, because I can see that moment, when everything is stripped away and he's cumming into me. It's the most intimate moment, I think, or maybe just one of several, because I also like to watch his eyes as he enters me the first time. And sometimes there's a feedback loop, being so close, so his pleasure is mine and mine is his.

All of this could probably apply to good sex in any position, I know. And I've had great times that didn't include missionary, or didn't end with it. But it's still my favorite. With women too; Sveta and I have gotten good at strapons or double dildos or just tribbing while face to face, because it just is so wonderful to be in that position, no matter who's on top. Just wrapped in each other's arms. I don't think you can get any closer.

That, at any rate, is what I'm thinking at the moment. I reserve the right to change my mind, because by God that's what life is for: changing my mind. Thanks for the inspiration, Dan. To the rest of you, keep those questions or just thoughts coming.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched MacGruber for the first time the other day, his sex scene when he was cumming made me laugh my ass off. Now whenever I think of missionary position I imagine this and MacGruber cumming....thanks Hollywood.

Mish is great for loving/connected sex...for me it is a softer position (if that makes any sense). It can get harder but usually legs get pulled up over my arms and I am not sure that is mish anymore...

I like what you said about the feedback loop of emotion upon entry...I love that.

Marcus Myself said...

Great post. I agree with you. There is an intimacy in missionary that is difficult to replicate in other positions. There is something so erotic about feeling her legs around my waist and hips.
Some may say this puts the man in the position of power. I never think about it like that. I am more focused on bringing her as much pleasure as I can, simple as that.
I also like this position because I have been told I move my hips in a very pleasing way - and who doesn't likento hear something like that?

Naughty Lexi said...

@Kenny: I have no idea what MacGruber is, but if he's ruining missionary for you, then he must be destroyed ;)

@Marcus: I've always felt that missionary actually puts the man at a disadvantage; he has to do all the work, while I can just lie back and enjoy it ;) Okay, not really. But I never got the whole power dynamic thing. If there's a problem with that, you're likely to have it no matter what position you choose, whereas if the couple is really working, there shouldn't be a problem with power.

Marcus Myself said...

I think you are exactly right.
I often refer to that as the salt in the salt shaker.

The story is that there is a married couple, like any couple there marriage has it's highs and lows. Lately they have each been annoyed at each other for a series of small things the other has done, yet neither of them has been willing to say anything. Instead the tension simmers. One night, while having dinner, Mr. Smith uses the salt shaker and puts it back on the table. Mrs. smith picks it up only to find it is empty. She begins to yell at her husband about it. All those building frustrations spill out and they have a huge argument - all over there being no salt in the salt shaker.

Naughty Lexi said...

Marcus, I'll have to take your word on that. Not sure how missionary became salt in the salt shaker though :)

Max said...

Love love LOVE this post. Completely agree about missionary. It's the closest, most sensual, most intimate position. Of course variety is wonderful, but it's hard to beat missionary. I'll probably use this post as a jumping off point for a post of my own.

Naughty Lexi said...

Well I'll look forward to that post, Max :)

Advizor54 said...

The Karma Sutra, with all it's variations, really comes down to a few basics, and one of them, of course, is missionary. I love it too. If my emotions are involved, if it's make-up sex, or happy sex, it seems to be the best. I love doggie and 69, but those are about pleasure, usually one person's at the slight expense of the other, but missionary is about connecting, and that is best of all.

Naughty Lexi said...

I don't know, the stuff in the Kama Sutra about biting doesn't strike me as basic ;)