Friday, March 11, 2011

Flash Fiction Friday - Clean

Good Clean Fun by John Hogl

She stood above him, looking down at his naked body in the water with an expression that bespoke either panic or eagerness. "Are you sure?" he asked warily.

"Yes. Yes I am." And she removed her clothing quickly, as if jumping into very cold water. It was tough, she knew, but the decision had to be made.

Soon he was enveloped in warmth as she slipped down over him, the warmth of her body making the water seem chilled. She rocked on him, causing waves, splashes of moisture running down her hips. She smiled, eyes wide with pleasure. "I told you the tub was big enough for two. Let's buy this model." The salesman nodded and rang them up.


He had come back to her broken and bleeding and clinging to life. Even after convalescing he still wasn't whole, the injuries sapping his strength, scarring him where she could not reach to heal. She was a nurse, a healer, yet he seemed beyond her abilities.

Each day she bathed him, gently washing the body that seemed healed and yet was not. Each day she kissed each puckered scar she could find, cursed herself for being unable to kiss them all. Each day he grew more distant. Each day she grew more desperate.

Enveloped in warmth, she held him close and prayed, but he had never really left. He was still there on the field where he had fallen.


Two of radically different tones this week. The first because I don't think you should have to buy things without trying them out first. The second because I got all morbid and depressed-like.

Not much to talk about in the first one. I just liked the idea. I think housewares stores should employ models to fuck in their bathtubs and showers, just to demonstrate. I know I'd enjoy going into stores like that even more if they did; I could stop in for lumber and catch a quick show. Yes, I spend a fair amount of time in Home Depot and such. And I like tools. Not very girly, I know.

The second... well, it doesn't match the picture particularly well, actually, since the folks in the picture seem to be having a good time. Maybe it's a memory of happier times. If I'd had more space, I could have better incorporated it, perhaps. As it is, I ran out before I even could incorporate a reduced version, so basically you get 119 words which start something, or perhaps end something. I have nothing but respect and sympathy for people who can have loved ones come back from war or accident injured in a way which changes them, not just physically, and yet can go on loving, go on being supportive, just go on. It's not about soldiers; it's about dealing with trauma whatever the cause. I don't know that I'd have the strength. I hope I never have to find out, honestly.

Anyway, I wasn't sure I'd have the mental capacity to write much of anything this week, because my brain is mush, so if these are kind of mushy, that's why. Stop by Flash Fiction Friday and contribute your own mush or at least read the other ones, since they'll doubtless be excellent. I'll make rounds at some point myself. Let's hope for lots of wet sex, because bathtub sex is good sex.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you were able to write something. I like both pieces but the first one is mah fave! Loved the ending.

Anonymous said...

"I think housewares stores should employ models to fuck in their bathtubs and showers, just to demonstrate. I know I'd enjoy going into stores like that even more if they did; I could stop in for lumber and catch a quick show."

:) :D

I hate to shop, but put your idea in action and I would be a shop-a-holic!

Happy Friday!

-H

The Panserbjørne said...

I'm glad you were able to get some warmth and happiness out of the pic, even if the melancholy did steal in later on. Still, you know, there is an air of hope about the second one, at least the way I'm choosing to interpret it. It's not (he's not) yet completely lost. True healing does take time, but she seems to have the love and patience he'll need to become whole again.

Wow, I read a lot into a short flash fiction, don't I? Let's get back to the first piece, then, which I found perfectly hilarious. Have to say that is indeed a great way to test out a bathtub. I'm sure a lot more would be sold that way.

Thanks for playing, Lexi. Hope that melancholy leaves you alone and only the happiness is left.

-- PB

nilla said...

first, beautiful, second, poignant. Sad, and haunting.

Happy FFF, Lexi!

nilla

Advizor54 said...

The first one took me back immediately to the film, "9 1/2 Weeks" where Roarke takes Bassinger in to the furniture store and makes her sit on the bed. nothing happens, but the erotic overtones are powerful. But your ending, I laughed and loved it.

The second one was powerful and so well done. I lost my Father in Law to Parkinson's years ago but the tragedy, as with other illnesses, is that the body remains long after the person is gone. But we care for them, every day, with all the love we can muster and with every ounce of dedication. My mother-in-law gets straight in to heaven because of the years of service she gave to him in his state. You evoked that love and dedication in 119 powerful words. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the first one the most. I do like the idea of trying out things first. :)

The second one while sad, is so real for many people. Far too real. A good job.

Naughty Lexi said...

@TemptingSweets: The first one is definitely more fun. Glad you enjoyed.

@Hedone: Yeah, me too, but on the other hand I think I'd be able to find steady work modeling at housewares stores ;)

@PB: I'd like to say I agree with you about the hope, but I don't know that I do. I think the best that can be hoped for is that he returns changed, rather than not returning at all. Not a fan of war here, in case that wasn't abundantly clear.

@nilla: Thanks hun; that about sums it up I think :)

@Advizor: I know I've seen that movie, but the scene in question escapes me. Still, not bad company in which to be put ;) I'm glad the second one spoke to you, even if it maybe wasn't as happy as it could have been.

@wordwytch: If I ever have to buy a bathtub, I may not put it through its paces in quite this way, but I'll definitely get someone to climb in with me, just to see. And yes, the second one is far too real. I wish it were only fantasy, believe me.

Max said...

Two great takes on this pic. The first one is as funny as the second one is sad. Nice job, as usual.

And your idea about how to increase sales in Home Depot and the like is genius. :-)

Happy FFF!

Naughty Lexi said...

@Max: Thanks hun. I think the only way to get our way is to start a letter-writing campaign. "Dear Home Depot Housewares Department..." ;)

France said...

I want to be part of that group and we'll send mass mailings to all housewares/home improvement stores. Yumm!!

I like both stories, but I agree with PB on the second one - I like the hope and devotion in difficult times.

Naughty Lexi said...

@France: I think the thing about #2 that just struck me is that I originally intended for her to be his significant other of some sort, but now, on further rumination, it could just be that she's a very dedicated nurse. World War II in particular was full of stories like that. Who knows; maybe she will succeed in bringing him back, and the picture won't be a faded memory but rather a bright future. I'm feeling a bit better now :)

Anonymous said...

Both stories are great, but my favorite is the first one... For the creative and fun way you wrote it and the very inexpected ending.
I loved it!

Naughty Lexi said...

@R: Glad I could twist ;) I don't like to go all M. Night Shamalamalama but occasionally the unexpected is diverting.