Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Part of Tens

I've read a fair number of "For Dummies" books. If you haven't, you won't get the reference. But I got this (how's that for a segue) from Kara and Jess, whose answers are probably much better than mine, and why wouldn't they be, because there are two hot girls over there. Wait! Come back! Shit, I never should have mentioned them. Damn you, hot lesbians! Damn you!

Sunday Stealing: The Eight Tens Meme

TEN TO START.

1. Are you single?

What's your definition of "single?" Because the answer is no.

2. Are you happy?

Meh.

3. Are you bored?

Right at the moment, yes, otherwise I wouldn't be writing this.

4. Are you naked?

Half.

5. Are you a blonde?

Why is this the one they always ask? Never, "Are you a redhead?"

6. Are you moody?

Gods yes. Still. Damn hormones.

7. Are you a lover/hater?

Lover, baby!

8. Are you hot/cold?

At the moment, cold. But I'm hot-blooded.

9. Are you Irish?

What, this is your way of pacifying the redheads? Well it won't work. You'd think I was Irish, but I'm not.

10. Are you Asian?

Are you a census taker? I'm of mixed European decent. We keep holding out for something more interesting, and it's certainly possible that we have some non-boring blood in us somewhere, but I don't think I qualify for any Affirmative Action.

TEN FACTS.

1. Name:

Lexi. You ought to know that by now.

2. Nicknames:

Some of them I can't reveal because it would give too much away. Lexi is a nickname anyway, isn't it?

3. Birth mark:

I was born with a perfectly-drawn map to dry land on my back. The ancients believed I was a child of prophecy. But the hospital washed me and it all went down the drain. Now humanity is doomed.

Yes, I did just make a Waterworld joke.

4. Hair color:

You asked whether I was blonde earlier. What gives? I'm a redhead. Everyone knows that.

5. Natural hair color:

Chartreuse

6. Eye color:

Green.

7. Height:

Pushing 6 feet. I know. I'm tall.

8. Facebook Mood

Curious yellow. I don't know.

9. Favorite color:

I'm quite partial to purple, actually. Deep, rich purple. Or indigo. I don't like pastels. I like red too, but that seems a bit vain. And of course, I like black because it keeps me invisible in the night.

10. One Place to Visit:

Egypt. I'd love to go to Egypt. I'm not much for tourism, but that's on my list. I'll never get to go, of course, but I'd like to.

TEN THINGS ABOUT YOUR LOVE LIFE.

1. Do you believe in love at first sight?

I don't know. The romantic in me does, I guess. I believe in lust at first sight, and sometimes that can turn into love if it's meant to be. But most of the time, it's just lust.

2. Do you believe in soul mates?

As long as I can have more than one.

4. Have you ever been hurt emotionally?

Seriously? Okay, I guess some people are lucky. Sure I have.

5. Have you ever broken someone’s heart?

I hope not, but it's entirely possible.

6. Have you ever been cheated on?

Yes.

7. Have you ever liked someone and not told them?

Yes. Hasn't everyone? Unrequited love is a constant of life, I think.

8. Are you afraid of commitment?

I'm not afraid of it, I just have a different definition of it, I guess. I'm perfectly capable of being committed to someone without monogamy.

Or did you mean the nice young men in their clean white coats? That, I expect with grudging certainty.

9. Who was the last person you hugged?

Dad.

10. Who was the last person you kissed?

Ditto. Boring but true. It could just as easily have been Mom. I do hug and kiss her too.

TEN THIS OR THAT.

1. Love or lust?

Love ideally, but usually lust, unfortunately.

3. Cats or dogs?

I've had dogs, I love cats.

4. A few best friends or many regular friends?

A few best friends. I'm not a Facebook-type friend.

5. Television or internet?

Internet, sadly. I wish the options included books, so I could lie.

6. Chinese or Indian?

Don't make me choose. Throw in some Thai, Vietnamese, Mongolian, Korean... yeah, I'll eat my way across the continent. And then on to the rest of the world. I like ethnic food.

7. Wild night out or romantic night in?

Romantic night in. I get to have those so seldom. But then I seldom have the other kind either. Recent events are not part of the trend.

8. Money or Happiness?

Happiness, although I'd like to have enough money that happiness could be unconstrained by an inability to afford to live. Since I seldom have either, I'd take a bit of both.

9. Night or day?

Night. I am the night!

10. IM or phone?

In person or bust.

TEN HAVE YOU EVER.

1. Been caught sneaking out?

No. My parents let me do theatre things from a fairly early age, which meant that I was out all hours anyway.

2. Been skinny dipping?

Yes.

3. Stolen?

Yes. Not proud of it. I was young and stupid.

4. Bungee jumped?

No. Not likely to. I have enough trouble with the heights I have to climb without volunteering to jump off tall places.

5. Lied to someone you liked?

Constantly. It's a sad feature of my life. That's why I'm so glad Sveta knows.

6. Finished an entire jaw breaker?

No. I believe I did finish one of those really big lollipops once, but it took forever and at the end it was basically a force of will.

8. Wanted an ex bf/gf back?

Yes.

9. Cried because you lost a pet?

God yes. I cry like a baby about dead goldfish. Such a wuss.

10. Wanted to disappear?

As a super-power... it has a vague appeal, but it wouldn't be my first choice. As a way of escaping from embarrassment, definitely. Worse. I've wanted to just explode, so not only would I no longer be there but I'd be dead and not have to remember having been there.

TEN PREFERENCES IN A PARTNER.

1. Smile or eyes?

Eyes. A good smile should be in the eyes anyway. The lips... well, they have their definite appeal, but they lie a lot. Don't trust someone who doesn't smile with their eyes.

2. Light or dark hair?

It's all good, baby.

3. Hugs or kisses?

Kisses by a narrow margin.

4. Shorter or taller?

In guys, taller. In gals, shorter. That's a general preference, not an absolute rule. There is no, "You must be this tall to ride the Wild Lexi," sign. Although that gives me a great idea for a Halloween costume...

5. Intelligence or attraction?

I believe this should be, "Intelligence or looks?" since obviously if you choose intelligence, you're attracted to intelligence. Or perhaps it could be rephrased, "Deep or shallow?" How many people lie about this, I wonder?

If I'm going for a long-term connection, it can't just be premised on looks. I've tried it and it doesn't work. Because I have no problem being friend and lover simultaneously, if I couldn't be friends with a person, I'm not likely to be able to be romantic with them. It's not a question of raw intelligence either; I have to be simpatico with their brain.

However, in terms of wanting to fuck someone, I could give a shit how smart they are. Seriously, my fuck-buddies can be dumb as bricks, as long as all I want them for is a good lay. I have no idea how smart many of the people with whom I've fucked are. And I don't care. There, that's honesty for you. But I also don't necessarily care about looks, in that I don't only fuck super-beautiful people. It's chemistry there too, it's just a shallower, physical chemistry.

6. Romantic or spontaneous?

What, spontaneous can't be romantic? I guess I'll go with spontaneous, but really, either of them in moderation is fine. It's when things get overly one or the other that I start worrying.

7. Funny or serious?

Funny. Life is too serious already.

8. Older or Younger?

For guys, older, for gals, younger. I'm terrible. Again, not a rule, just a vague preference.

9. Outgoing or quiet?

There's something incredibly sexy about quiet. Plus, I'm quite myself.

10. Sweet or Bad Ass?

Sweet, quirky, devious, but not bad ass. I'm so far from Bad Ass the light from the sun around which it revolves takes years to reach me.

TEN HAVE YOUS.

1. Ever performed in front of a large crowd?

I've acted for a large crowd, and once I was in a band which performed at a battle of the bands and didn't win. It wasn't a huge crowd, but it was a crowd.

2. Ever done drugs?

Nothing harder than pot. I try to keep it to a minimum in any case.

3. Ever been pregnant?

No. Someday...

5. Ever been on a cheer leading team?

Sort of.

6. Ever Been on a dance team?

No, I'm not much of a dancer.

7. Ever been on a sports team?

Briefly because it was what everyone was doing, until I realized that I suck at most sports and I don't have the constitution for it.

8. Ever been in a drama play/production?

Constantly.

9. Ever owned a BMW, Mercedes Benz, Escalade, Hummer or Bentley?

What the hell kind of pretentious question is this? "Why yes, I welded a BMW to my Benz, then wired the whole thing up so I could remote-control it from my Bentley as I drive to the parking garage where Jeeves keeps my Hummer and Escalade in spotless condition, mint-in-box." Douche. For some reason though, this is reminding me of Early Cuyler's truck-boat-truck. Do you watch that show? Why not?

10. Ever been in a rap video?

Not a rap video, no.

TEN LASTS.

1. Last phone call you made:

To Sveta, I assume. I don't remember any others. I'm not a phone person, but for her, I make the sacrifice

2. Last person you hung out with:

Hung out? What does that mean, exactly? I'll say Simon.

4. Last time you worked:

Always.

5. Last person you tackled:

I have no idea. I've done it, but I don't remember when or who.

6. Last person you IMed:

Samuel_Morse69>> wut hath god rot LOL

Lexi>> Shut up you deceased historical personage!

8. Last person(s) you went to the movies with:

It's been a long time since I went to the movies. Possibly not since I saw Up with Mom and Dad. Great flick.

9. Last thing you missed:

If we're talking "missing" as in wishing I still had around, Sveta. If we're talking "missing" as in a story breaking that I didn't hear about until way later, damned if I know. I'm always the last to know.

10. Last thing you ate:

Burritos!

No comments: